I have a thing for maps and globes. When I laid eyes on Bold Tuesday’s striking designs, it was love at first sight. Years of living in Stockholm have nurtured my love of simple colour palettes and clean lines, both of which I find in Bold Tuesday’s monochrome designs of our fair Earth.
I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the GO! World sticker poster. As with most brilliant ideas, the concept is simple. The map starts out as a large black canvas, and you peel off the the countries that you have visited. The more you travel, the more of the world is revealed to you.
The map arrived housed in a sleek yet sturdy poster tube. On opening up the tube and getting the map out, I was careful to lay it on a flat surface to avoid creating creases in the map’s vinyl material. I was so excited to peel off my first country! I opted for one of the largest countries I have been to – the US. It was quite satisfying seeing more and more of the the white surface underneath the sticker. I cracked on with Russia and China, another two mammoth countries I have been to.
There are fine contour lines between the countries’ borders and it’s best to take a bit of care when you peel off two neighbouring countries. The lovely thing is that once you have peeled off a country, you can add the sticker to your journey or even stick it to another part of the wall to create a reverse image of your Bold Tuesday map.
The Bold Tuesday maps make fantastic gifts for the well-heeled travellers. They offer:
- COLOUR! – great for budding explorers, allowing them to colour in their adventures.
- FIND IT! – ideal for word search fans
- the NEW List of Countries – great conversation starter (guessing where a particular country might lie in size order).
- GO! – my preferred map!
Bold Tuesday is offering The Travel Nova’s followers the chance to get their hands on a map of their choice. They are also offering 15% off all purchases with the promotional code TRAVELNOVA15.
For your chance to win one of three maps, simply:
1. Leave a comment on this post saying “I WANT TO WIN!”
2. For an extra chance to win, like The Travel Nova’s Facebook page and comment “I WANT TO WIN” on the Bold Tuesday post there.
- The competition ends on 8 December.
- The three winners will be chosen at random.
- Bold Tuesday ships worldwide except for Chile, Brazil, and Russia due to customs issues.
See the other prizes on offer in my 7 days of Christmas giveaways.